Saturday, April 25, 2015

Avengers: Age of Ultron



This post was actually written three days earlier.

I thought my last post was over a month ago, where did the time go? That’s the thing about being an adult; time seems faster than it should be. I’ve been busy with my student life and I don’t have enough time for everything. I wish I could be in different places at the same time. Devastating, isn’t it. Well, let’s put my problems aside, let’s talk about something far more important; Avengers: Age of Ultron.

As I mentioned before (I mentioned it quite a few times in Twitter), I got an early passes for the most anticipated movie in 2015. You heard me, it’s the Avengers: Age of Ultron! As I predicted (and most of us did), the cinema was packed with Marvel fans!

You don’t have to be a Marvel geek to get with the vibe. Everyone’s waiting for this sequel since 2012 and now it’s here. Joss Whedon’s The Avengers was ranked third in the worldwide domination of box office, so people are expecting more from the sequel. Guess what, he gave us what we wanted.

From the epic battle between Hulk and Hulkbuster to the ass-kicking fights between good and evil, this movie was packed with action. Don’t get me wrong, I love this movie, but some of the parts are just plain wrong. I’m not going to give out spoilers or anything, but some facts should stay as facts, I don’t care about Hollywood or fame, you have to get the facts right. Joss Whedon changed some of the major facts about the character and I really hate that. Other than that, this movie was too amazing in my own words.

One thing I forgot to mention, this movie has too much jokes in it and I don’t like that. I don’t know about you guys, but I’m the kind of guy that doesn’t mix serious business (especially when the bad guy was about to throw a punch at you) with cheesy jokes. Well, too much of anything can make you sick.

One character that drooled my eyes to the floor was Scarlet Witch. Wanda is my favorite character in Marvel Heroes, gamers can only feel her supernatural power in games and so my expectation about her was barely on a scale from one to ten. All I must say is, we should give Whedon a standing ovation because he did an amazing job potraying Scarlet Witch on a big screen. Plus, Elizabeth was amazing and she did her job well. But, one thing I was hoping for was Scarlet loses her shit and blows everyone to pieces, of course that didn’t happened. If that happen, then this movie would be swooshingly amaazing (is that even a word?).

Put the moral conundrums aside and go watch it while you still can. One thing for sure, Whedon was born to make this movie and he did one hell of a job. Eventhough this will be his last Avengers movie, I still think he should do more and continue his work in Phase 3 of Marvel Cinematic Universe. It won’t be the same without him.